Here are 5 ways to keep your social media audience engaged with the content you put out.
- Start With What You Know – Followers respect experts. They are trusting you to know your stuff. Don’t make it hard on yourself. Find your niche and stick to what you know.
- Be Consistent – Post regularly. That doesn’t necessarily mean you should flood your followers’ timelines. Posting once a day or a few times a week across all of your social media platforms is enough to keep your audience engaged.
- Duplicate Engaging Posts – Clicks, likes and comments are sure indications of what your audience is interested in. If you notice that your followers engage with a certain type of post more than others, then create more of that type of post. Do not force content on your audience. Stick with the stuff they like.
- Stay True To Your Brand – Not everything will work for every audience. If your favorite “instagram comedian” gained a million followers in 6 months by posting funny skits of himself in a wig, don’t be so quick to follow suit. Especially if your brand has nothing to do with comedy (or wigs). You may end up tarnishing your brand by trying too hard.
- Post Quality Content – Everything including photos, videos and linked articles should be of quality. You can’t build an audience without quality content.