Blends and Recipes
Here are some suggestions for basic hair care formulas. All of these are designed for regular daily application, or as frequently as you feel is beneficial to you. These formulas can be massaged into a wet or dry scalp and left for at least 20 minutes, or applied before bed and left overnight. All formulas may be increased or decreased in total volume, thought the ratio of essential oil to carrier oil should stay close to these suggestions. These are general (though potentially very effective) suggestions -- changing ingredients to best suit your hair is encouraged!
- For Healthy & Vigorous Hair Growth -for those with 'normal' scalp conditions, blend 2 ounces Jojoba and 2 ounces Coconut oils. To this add 64 drops Lavender, 64 drops Rosemary (Cineol or Verbenone), and 16 drops Sage. If pregnant, use Rosemary Cineol and skip the Sage.
- For Healthy Growth for the Mature Feminine Beauty -To 2 ounces Jojoba, 1 ounce Evening Primrose and 1 ounce Rosehip Seed, add 48 drops Lavender, 48 drops Rosemary Verbenone, 48 drops Carrot or Sea Buckthorn and 24 drops Clary Sage.
- Treating Hair Loss For Men - Blend 1oz each Evening Primrose, Coconut, Rosehip Seed and Sesame. To this add 64 drops Carrot oil (HelioCarrot CO2 extract in Jojoba), 32 drops Rosemary Verbenone, 27 drops Helichrysum, 12 drops Clove, 32 drops German Chamomile, 48 drops Lavender, 20 drops Cypress.
- Treating Alopecia Areata -In 4oz of a 50/50 base of Jojoba and Grapeseed oils, add 32 drops each of Lavender, Thyme, Cedarwood and Rosemary c.t. Verbenone.
- For Dark & Thick Hair - In 4 ounces equal parts Jojoba, Coconut and Sesame, add 48 drops Lavender, 48 drops Rosemary Verbenone, and 48 drops Ylang Ylang.
These are just a few suggested recipes. It is important to understand your own hair & scalp type, and reasons for your hair's condition. This will help guide you to the best choices for treating hair loss, or just growing wonderfully thicker & healthier hair.