Your #1 source for all things Entertainment, Fashion, Business... and Finance!
The New Year is in and why not create a Healthy Active Lifestyle? Get out of your comfort zone and make some changes this year to be healthy and fit, you are worth it. Here are 35 tips and facts for getting started,
1. Detox – detox the body getting out the toxins every 12 weeks. You can detox naturally with food or find a mild supplements
2. Get on a 30 day meal plan
3. Seek out healthy recipes
4. Stay away from energy condensing foods such as sweets,carbs, foods high in salt and sodium
5. NO FAST FOOD
6. Set some health goals for yourself ex. I want to be a in a size 6 dress in 30 days
7. Find an outfit and make it your goal outfit and hag it in your daily view
8. Add some helpful applications to your “apps” on your phone such as : Shopwell a calorie counter and food scanner, Myfitnesspal,Sparkpeple.com a health community
9. Fit in a “Fitness Plan”
10. Consider joining a 24 hour gym
11. Find a work out buddy or a accountability partner , you can even seek an online buddy
12. To lose and tone create a high protein and low calorie diet and add weight lifting to your work out
13. Eat smaller portions of your food, especially when eating out
14. Eat 5 times a day 3 colorful meals and healthy snacks in between
15. Consider “Juicing”
16. Shop fresh markets
17. Eat lots of veggies and fruits
18. Intake a daily muti vitamin , one that is time released
19. Make sure you start your day with a “Healthy Breakfast” it fuels the body
20. Add some yoga to your morning
21. Sit in a sauna or consider having a vitamin bath
22. By a few tools for home, a mat, exercise ball, a jump rope
23. Read your labels when shopping
24. Burn 400 calories or more with each work out 3,500 calories is a pound shredded
25. Go to bed earlier
26. Drink lots of water
27. When shopping meats buy lean meats
28. Have you tried Zumba yet? Get in two days out of the week cardio
29. Have a Wellness Evaluation and know your BMI
30. Add 10 percent to the amount of daily calories you think you’re eating, then adjust your eating habits accordingly. If you think you’re consuming 1,700 calories a day and don’t understand why you’re not losing weight, add another 170 calories to your guesstimate. Chances are, the new number is more accurate.
31. Walk for 45 minutes a day. The reason we’re suggesting 45 minutes instead of the typical 30 is that a Duke University study found that while 30 minutes of daily walking is enough to prevent weight gain in most relatively sedentary people, exercise beyond 30 minutes results in weight and fat loss. Burning an additional 300 calories a day with three miles of brisk walking (45 minutes should do it) could help you lose 30 pounds in a year without even changing how much you’re eating.
32. Bring the color blue into your life more often. There’s a good reason you won’t see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.
33. Avoid white foods. There is some scientific legitimacy to today’s lower-carb diets: Large amounts of simple carbohydrates from white flour and added sugar can wreak havoc on your blood sugar and lead to weight gain. But you shouldn’t toss out the baby with the bathwater. While avoiding sugar, white rice, and white flour, you should eat plenty whole grain breads and brown rice. One Harvard study of 74,000 women found that those who ate more than two daily servings of whole grains were 49 percent less likely to be overweight than those who ate the white s
34. State the positive. You’ve heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy? Well, if you keep focusing on things you can’t do, like resisting junk food or getting out the door for a daily walk, chances are you won’t do them. Instead (whether you believe it or not) repeat positive thoughts to yourself. “I can lose weight.” “I will get out for my walk today.” “I know I can resist the pastry cart after dinner.” Repeat these phrases like a mantra all day long. Before too long, they will become their own self-fulfilling prophecy
35. Switch from regular milk to 2%. If you already drink 2%, go down another notch to 1% or skim milk. Each step downward cuts the calories by about 20 percent. Once you train your taste buds to enjoy skim milk, you’ll have cut the calories in the whole milk by about half and trimmed the fat by more than 95 percent.
Make your body do what you want it to. It starts with the mind; the body does what the mind tells it to.