Your #1 source for all things Entertainment, Fashion, Business... and Finance!
Below Are 10 Marketing Tips To Earn You More Revenue:
1. Your most valuable asset – is your database. Add value to your business for future sale by taking all that knowledge in your head and placing it in intricate detail in your database. Then segment, target, cross market.
2. Forget A B C’s – Grade your clients and prospects as enabled or not. E-mail is so cheap and easy that you can keep up a regular communication stream with many more than you ever dreamed possible. With e-mail location and numbers don’t matter. Remember each individual has a sphere of influence of 250 people. Adapt the mentality of Seth Godin, author of Permission Marketing (www.permission.com) – “the internet is the greatest direct marketing medium ever invented”.
3. Put your betas to work. Think creatively – Make sure everything you do is from your customers’ WIIFM (what’s in it for me) perspective. What will you give them in exchange for their valuable time? If it’s a blatant promo for your business, flag the idea. Provide useful content in an easy to read manner and you’ll have a winner on your hands!
4. Viral Marketing – Horrible name, great concept. Describes any strategy that encourages individuals to pass on your marketing messages to others, creating the potential for exponential growth in your message’s exposure and influence. A classic example is Gmail.com Off the internet, viral marketing is called word-of-mouth or network marketing.
5. It’s easy to work cheaply – Why have an office if clients don’t come to see you? Put the rent into your home equity and technology. It’s totally acceptable today to have meetings at café’s. For your clients who work in an office, it’s a great opportunity to get out.
6. Columbo at your service- Keep three steps ahead by examining your competition on line. Gone are the days of figuring out how to get the scoop on what ‘they’re doing’. You can find a tremendous amount of information on-line. And don’t stop with your local competition. Check out what similar businesses are doing overseas.
7. Anything – not everything – You can do anything you want, but you personally can’t do everything. Focus on what you’re best at and bring in the money. Off-load functions that are non – core. Doing it yourself is much more expensive in the long run. If your business centers on billable hours, why would you spend your time doing administration or producing newsletters?
8. Forget about it – Don’t get caught in the hype. Having a website is not the be all and end all. You can accomplish 75percent of what you want to achieve by making email your workhorse. Having a website, and not marketing it and working on it, as akin to a billboard in the woods. If you’re a local business, effective email marketing might be all you need.
9. Why you? – There is a lot of competition out there and everyone is nipping at your heels. Make email relationship marketing your golden key to success. Email keeps you top of mind. It helps you market to a prospective client until they’re ready for you.
10. Make it easy - For all your internet efforts – website or email marketing – remove as many barriers of resistance as possible. Allow people to book and pay online instead of printing off or faxing back. Make it easy to move around your website. Don’t send attachments that require that extra click.
If you follow even one or two of these tips you will improve your marketing results dramatically.