Starting an online boutique is a great way to supplement your income and earn extra money working from home… or working from anywhere, as long as you have wi-fi. Starting any business can seem difficult and at times a little complicated. But you shouldn’t worry as there is a lot of advice out there and tools that you can use that will make this a little bit easier, especially when it comes to dealing with business finance. Even before you’ve started, taking into consideration ways in which you will grow your business and your audience through a system like repcheckup review management would be beneficial. It’s never too early to think about theses aspects of your business.
You can operate a fully functioning online boutique on the go thanks to apps like Shopify, Paypal and Instagram. Several popular instagram boutiques have successfully grossed millions using similar formulas. We’ve broken down this formula into an easy to follow step by step guide that anyone can follow.
Check out 7 Simple Steps To Opening Your Online Store:
- Choose an eCommerce Platform There are plenty of websites to help you get your online store up and running within minutes. Big Cartel is a popular choice. Shopify is another. Both platforms offer free plans that can be upgraded as your business expands.
- Know Your Market Before you get started you should already have a pretty good idea of who you are going to sell to. By knowing ahead of time which demographic you are targeting it’ll make it easier when it comes time to purchase inventory.
- Purchase Inventory Depending on your price point stocking up on inventory can be expensive, but you should have at least 20 different products to start out with. A few wholesale sites worth checking out are dresslink.com and aliexpress.com Have enough inventory on hand for your first months worth of sales.
- Photoshoot Now comes the fun part. After you have received your start-up inventory it’s important to take some great photos for your website! Professional photos are great. However, if you’re not able to book a model, photographer and hair and make up crew invite a few of your friends over and take pictures of eachother modelling the merchandise.
- Upload Products Depending on the ecommerce platform you chose in the first step, uploading your products should be as simple as adding a picture, title caption and pricing. Don’t forget your size and color variables. The site will also give you options to set your shipping rates, return policy and payment methods. One well known ecommerce platform that many people are becoming custom too is Shopify. It’s allowing more sellers to get online and use the shopify products to sell tool.
- Advertise When it comes to marketing your online shop social media is a popular solution. Instagram allows you to market your brand directly to your customers for free. All you need are great images and the right hashtags. Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are also useful platforms.
- Getting Paid Paypal is a popular payment method that can be linked to your online store with a click of a button. Once a customer makes a payment the funds are usually available to you almost immediately. You can choose to withdraw your funds to your bank account or get it off of your paypal debit card at an ATM. You can even print your shipping labels directly from paypal’s website.
Starting your online store is the easy part. However, running an online store takes work! Customer service is key. As with any business you want to make sure your customers are happy. Making sure orders are shipped out on time, quality control, and handling returns/exchanges are all very important.